What is Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) and why do you need it? Download the new guide to learn how it supports new cloud-centric workflows, mobile and 5G, and the spike in distributed workforces.
SASE (pronounced “Sassy”) provides secure access to users no matter where they are located or the type of device they use. It replaces the old hub-and spoke, ‘data center centric’ model with tightly integrated, centrally managed security services delivered on premises or in the cloud.
Some key benefits of SASE:
- Reduces complexity and operational overhead
- Supports cloud apps, unified collaboration, mobile devices, and IoT and edge infrastructure
- Takes advantage of cloud proximity through local internet breakouts
- Improves security with zero-trust network access
- Boosts bandwidth through a mix of MPLS and internet